About the Kelton House
Standing for over 150 years at 586 E. Town Street, the Kelton House Museum & Garden is the cornerstone of the Town Street Historic District, reflecting the grace of mid-19th century life. Its transitional architecture bridges the Greek Revival and Italianate periods. Tucked behind the Museum is a tranquil garden with hedges, statuary, diverse plant specimens, lattice work and mixed perennial borders.
The historic home and garden are perfect for events of all kinds.
All of the Museum’s rental areas are included in the rental fee, including:
- The brick-walled Carriage House with arched windows overlooking the garden and terrace
- The 60-foot long Terrace adjacent to the Carriage House
- The Garden Pergola that anchors the north end of the garden (site of most of the event ceremonies)
- The Lower Level that resembles a scenic wine cellar
- Comfortable Bride’s Changing Room with its own restroom and generous mirror.
- Conveniently-located free parking in the Museum lot on Franklin Avenue
- Complimentary one-hour rehearsal if scheduled during Museum regular operating hours
- Complimentary tables and chairs
Food & Spirits
- All licensed caterers are welcome to provide food and spirits, without a facility fee. We can provide a list of recommended caterers.